CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Same Old

Hayes went to stay with Grandma and Grandpa Porter this weekend so he will be able to keep their hands full for a couple of days. We attempted to fly a kite last night, but that did not go very well because Hayes was a little emotional when my mom snuck out without him knowing. He is having a hard time with things. He doesn't like any change what so ever right now. It is so sad he doesn't like going anywhere no matter who it is with, he wants to be home right now. I am trying to think of a way to have him home more, and still stay out of the mental hospital. Even if it is a couple days a week. We will see. Cory's visit went well Thursday night, things still look like they are progressing in the right direction. He says he feels strong, the main thing holding him back is the pain. We are exhausted, but at the same time not giving up even though it feels like we do not have anymore strength left. Hopefully we can feel a little more recharged next week.

8 comments:

tatum said...

that is hard, hang in there. i used to tell myself it was harder on me to see cole like that because i would remember it and he would forget. sometimes that helped. gives a new meaning to enduring huh? your doing the best you can.

Elle said...

You guys are amazing. Won't life seem so easy after this? Your phone bill will be over or you'll have some of your grass die and people will be all up in arms and you will think "this is nothing" because you have fought a real fight.
We love you guys.
Love,
M

Connie said...

Candace, my heart aches when I hear how hard it must be at home. I don't blame little Hayes wanting to be with his mom and dad. Maybe the RS can set up a time where people can come over and be a Nanny (in a sort of way) to be there to help you and Hayes and Cory with your needs. Maybe someone can come over and come play in his room. That way he will be home. It's harder on you since he is the only child but if you could get some people to come play with him, I'm sure that will help. Sure love ya and pray for the three of you every day.

JennJewkes said...

I think about you guys all the time and wish I had a magic wand to wave and make all the bad stuff go away. I'll let you know if I find one. Maybe they sell them at Wal-Mart.

Way to be hopeful!

--Jenn

Chanda said...

Bless his heart! This is so hard. I've got to think things will turn a corner soon. You have made it so far! Don't get discouraged now.

Elle said...

That idea by Connie is a good idea! What if we planned different days where Hayes came home and I brought John one of the days and they just played while I kept an eye of them?
Hmmm...I'll keep thinking.
~M

Texas Tee said...

HELLLLLOOOOOOOO! Remember me? I am just a few minutes away silly girl and I would LOVE to come and help out ANYTIME! Funny you speak of roots..... I just went ALL DARK... Almost Chanda dark! I'll be postin' some pics soon! PLEASE LET ME HELP!!!! Texas sized hugs to ya..... I am still a texan ya no!!! :)

GSP said...

Candace,
Just thinking about all of you and hope you are hanging in there. What a tough road! As always, you are in my prayers. Love, Gayla Schmidt