CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Hard Times

Some may know, but for those we are not aware Cory has been in the hospital since Thursday night. He was not doing very well at all. I was so scared we ended up taking him to the emergency room Thursday night. They started him on an IV of fluids and then sent us in the ambulance to the U of U and now we are at Huntsmans. His calcium was emergency high, now it is to normal levels but he may have pneumonia. He got a cat scan today to find out more information. Since he has been getting so much fluid he was swelling up tremendously. So they have him on a diuretic to loose some of the the water he is retaining. It has been very scary the past few days, but things are calmer now and he is doing better. He is in allot of pain from his neck so they have him on morphine and they are trying a patch to see if it will last longer. He is getting a feeding tube through his nose tomorrow. He has been so sick he has not gotten any food or fluids for a couple weeks now. He is very skinny because of it. My mom has Hayes, her number is 633-3471 and her name is Mary Jane I have left her in charge of him so you can call and see if she needs help. Our room phone number is: 587-4517. I will try to keep everyone updated with his progress as we know. Thanks for all your prayers. We love you!

10 comments:

JennJewkes said...

I'm so glad things are calming down and you're being taken care of. Thanks for updating your blog so we can keep up with you! We (Kayoko, Teresa W., Audrey and I) would like to visit you this week. How long do you think you'll be there? Are you getting sleep? I hope so!

Lots of Love,
Jenn Jewkes

Chanda said...

Wish we could be there with you. We are praying for you. I'm glad things are hopefully turning around.

Anonymous said...

Candace...

I just want you to know that I am thinking of you and Cory and praying for you! I wish I was closer to be able to help out more than I can... but hang in there and know that you are loved and thought of often. Take Care.

Love, Amber

Anonymous said...

Hope
© By Daniel M. Reynolds

Like blossoms after Winter's frost,
Hope springs forth,
Inviting us to reach out,
Whispering of comfort and warmth,
Promise of security to come.

Do not cast hope aside,
For when all else is forsaken,
When joy and faith have gone,
Hope will remain to fortify us,
Shelter us through the storm.

When the clouds break,
And light and heart return,
Hope fades to the background,
Not needed for the moment,
But forgotten nevermore.

Anonymous said...

Candy Cane,
I am so sorry to hear about Cory! I let all the girls know about it today. It was funny cuz each phone conversation had a similar discussion...we decided he is probably the luckiest guy in the world... he has an AMAZING wife, that loves him and would give her own life to make him happy, a darling son and tons of friends. We want you to know we are ALL praying for you guys! We are here for you for whatever you may need. We also want to come up and see you guys soon.
Keep Smiling~We love you guys,
Jadie, Rylee, Mindy, Amee and Amity

Julie said...

I have been getting my updates regularly from Kamille. My kids pray for you and Cory at least 4 times a day.

Kamille said...

Sweet Candace. I am sure the angels stand in awe with how you and Cory are handeling your "life" right now. Love ya to pieces. Hang in there.

Elle said...

I didn't know this! Thank you for updating your blog, I'm sure Mat will be calling first thing tomorrow. I will be getting in touch with your mom.
I'm sorry I didn't check this sooner.
I love you!
M

Kamille said...

Come on girl, blog again already. I know I'm never happy. Ha ha!!

Tamra said...

Candace, what a horribly tough time. I can't imagine the strength you and your husband must possess. You are an inspiration. You and your family are in our prayers. My 8 year old has super human strength prayers (whatever he prays for always happens), I will ask him to use his powers in Cory's behalf.

Although I must mention those pictures are pretty greusome. Cancer is truly an ulgy thing.