CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Update

So Cory's scan showed that the middle tumor has no blood supply and is dying. We took this as good news, but they did not really know what was going on and did not say anything about it other than that. It must be because of the FDA or legal reasons. The only thing they can offer him is chemo with no cure. We are confident that we are doing is working so we are going to continue the treatments at home. Home health care is going to be supporting some of his other needs that I can not provide him at home as well.
He got the tube through his nose and that did not go well, he ended up throwing up the tube. He actually had a pretty bad day yesterday. They tried giving him pain pills so we can go home and they made him sick. His stomach can not handle these right now. He is going to have to stick to IV meds for now and he has a patch on his back that will hopefully help.
He got a Peg tube today to control his eating. This is through his stomach. He really did not want to get this since he has had one before and hated it but I was pushing real hard for it so that it can keep him healthy when he mental can not handle pushing himself, the tube can push for him. He is out of it and has been sleeping ever since. I am ready to get home, so is Cory. They may release us tomorrow if everything goes well. My phone was dead for a couple of days because I lost my phone charger, I now have the charger and my phone is working. I may not answer though because I get no service in the rooms or I may be burned out. You can call me at the room 587-4517. I am so grateful for the huge support system we have and how generous and loving everyone has been. I love everyone, thank you for being there for us!

8 comments:

Danielle said...

i feel for you guys, and can't even express how amazing you are.. if you need ANYTHING, PLEASE call! I can babysit, bring dinner, anything. Know we're praying for you, and thinking of you.
love,
the christensen's

Anonymous said...

Keep it up babe, it will all pay off! You are AWESOME!

Love ya,
Jadie

Kamille said...

Thanks for the update!!! We sure missed you tonight. I'm glad the new tube worked out. Hope to see you at home soon.

Anonymous said...

Candy Cane, you are awesome. We love you so much and we are all here for you! When can we take the babe, or bring dinner? Do you like spaghetti? Chicken fettuccini? Can't wait to see you all again. I'll help with anything! Chucky cheese? I'll call you. Let me know of anything else I can help with. You are in everyone of my prayers. You are doing a great job. Get some food would ya? Love you, Rylee

Elle said...

Candace, I'll just repeat what I told you on the phone: you're amazing.
It must be from all those BFF meetings we had.
I'm so glad things are improving.
~M

Chanda said...

Geez O peet! Can't you guys catch a break?! I know you're actually home now. You are in our thoughts and prayers 24/7. Wish we could do more. Hang in there. You guys have a lot of love out there and we're all rooting for you.

The Dumas Family said...

Hi Candace. This is Lindsey Dumas (Cozzens). My mom gave me the update the other day and forwarded me your blog. I am so sorry to hear that Cory is not doing well. I hope things improve and he's able to come home and get well. Your family is in our thoughts & prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hey Candace, I'm so sorry that Cory isn't doing well. I hope you were able to get home. I left a few messages on your phone and then remembered about your blog. I hope Cory is doing a little better now. Please don't hesitate to call me to help out with anything!!! We'll continue to keep you guys in our prayers. You guys are amazing and I totally admire your strength, faith, and love! Keep it up :O) Becca M.