CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Therapy

So many of you may or may not know but I used to be amazingly fit and teach kick-boxing. I could crescent kick anyone to the floor with one swift lift of my leg (not to brag or anything).

Which reminds me of a funny story......

This one time we were at our friends house a few years back (when I was the amazing kick boxer) and they were showing us their new basement. I noticed their punching bag set up right away. I was feeling very excited and thought I would show off my good work. I told everyone to watch me like I was some super hero getting ready for her big move. I wound up so hard and just let out this huge kick. The force I used could have caused me to do two back hand springs probably, but I am not so lucky and I lost my footing and fell to the ground after throwing myself like 6 feet up in the air. I really do blame this on Julie's ballet floor that the bag was hung over, it was a little slippery (ha ha). Anyways I think I embarrassed everyone watching me more than myself. What can I say, I was amazing. When I stopped teaching Cory gave me a punching bag for my Birthday one year, it was up in our spare bedroom and I never had the space to use it, therefore, it never came to much use.



When we were clearing out the spare bedroom a couple months ago I had my brother in law sell it for me on KSL thinking that was wise. I was just ready to sell everything in the home and start a new life as if that would help solve my problems. What a mistake!



That was before I started watching Alias. My dear friend Kamille (the dealer) persuaded me to try watching it, she brought over the first two seasons and prompted me to watch. I won't bore you with the details of my obsession, lets just say it is amazing and I am forever grateful. It has seriously been my drug the last couple of weeks. Sydney Bristow is my new best friend. I am now in the works of finding a new bag to hang in my garage with no ballet floors so I can punch the crap out of it. It will serve as my best therapy right now since that is all I feel like doing (that and a few other destructive things I have picked up from the show). Thanks Sydney for being such a good friend. Oh and did I mention that he is my new boyfriend?
P.S. I have not seen the whole series so no spoilers please.

2 comments:

Chanda said...

He is so hot! I hope he's into polygamy...

Kamille said...

Ok he is totally hot. Of course she is too. I don't play for the other team, but she is a a good sell. I'm so glad you have a small piece of happiness right now. good post.