CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bob the Monster

What is the obsession that my kid has with monsters!!! Does anyone else's kid have any problems with monsters. I blame it on my sister Riki who told him that Bob the Monster was down stairs so she didn't have to go down there and get an ice cream sandwich for him or something to that extent.

Hayes came up to me a couple of days ago saying that he saw Bob the Monster, he was scared so I was like Bob is not real. I am trying to comfort him. Then he goes to tell me that Bob the Monster lit a stick on fire. I then realized that I smelled smoke. I ran downstairs and sure enough Hayes had gotten a wooden skewer and one of the auto light thingies and started it on fire. The tip of the stick was all burnt and falling off, the fire was out though. Oh my goodness!!! That is all I need, I hope I have home owners insurance!

Note to self: Never underestimate the age a child can start your house on fire.

11 comments:

Becca said...

Hey, it's good to hear from you! that is crazy! bryan was a pyro, he loved fire when he was young, he actually lit a field on fire with his friends, thank goodness nothing bad came of it...kids, gotta watch them like a hawk, you never know what they'll do or get into

Melissa said...

That is hilarious!! Well, not so much if it was my kid... I'm sure Ryker will do something similar soon. Darn kids! Sometimes you just gotta laugh... or go CRAZY!! I would have FREAKED!!! What did you do? Drama, drama, drama... LOVE IT!!!

Chanda said...

See?! Hayes can provide you with all the drama you need. ;)

Elle said...

ahhhh motherhood. You learn something new everyday right?
Glad you're back. I missed your posts.
~M

Lauri said...

Grant seems to have the opposite problem. He is affraid of fire. He doesnt so much worry about monsters, he tends to worry(on a daily basis) that our house is going catch fire. I try to reassure hime EVERYDAY that it wont but I guess I know he wont light it on fire. LOL Not sure which is worse.

Cher said...

Oh my! What an imagination Hayes has!

Elle said...

I hope you took amazing pics on your trip...make sure to post them!
lv,
The Cheater

tatum said...

ha ha, that is cute, cole is a monster freak too, he ends up in my bed every night at about 2 am becuase the grinch is in his closet.

Jadie said...

Bob the Monster...meet Hayes the pyro!! That is funny and scary at the same time. Hey my Dad said he will go up to Cory's grave with me and try to find that steak. If we can't, he'll make a new 1. I loved hangin out the other day, I just wished I wouldn't have had to leave for work :( Anyway, when I get through this 72 hours in 6 days marathon work week I'll call ya. Lets ditch the kids and go to a movie!
Love ya!

Krishelle said...

Hey Candace! I hope you don't mind that I have been reading your blog =). All the stories about Hayes just crack me up. I'm not sure if you got the message I left you, but I hope you are doing well. Please let me know if you need anything!

Kamille said...

I gotta say I'm backing Chanda on this one. Love ya!