CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My Light

Not so sure how to write anymore, so here is my best shot without trying to be too depressing with some of my other ideas and thoughts.


Hayes is my light at the end of the tunnel right now, even though Jenn and Kayoko may say otherwise after seeing me want to beat him with his performance in front of them tonight.

Here he is smiling and building race tracks out of train tracks......
It is effortless to get him to smile and laugh and sometimes it is effortless when he can get a smile out of me with things he says...

LIKE

When he asks me to 'sweep' him some cheese to eat (cheese grade some cheese for him)

OR

When he asks me to get him a 'paper towel' when he gets out of the bath (he calls towels this)

This was what him and 'Jackson' made in the tub during bath time. Jackson is his imaginary friend (he has had a couple of them). Jackson is bad though, today he was nice. They just came up with a potion with shampoo and shaving cream. Other days he (Jackson) pee's on the lawn....
Hayes found the stickers today and asked if he could put one on his 'noggin'.....

This is Hayes favorite shirt, he thinks it is Green Bay Packers (his dad's favorite team), it is his 'football' shirt. He will wear it everyday with shorts, pants, warm up pants, you name it. It does not match with anything! He fetches it out of the dirty clothes and claims it is not dirty. Whatever makes him happy....





His mind at work....

Cory's grave at memorial day....


Hayes saw an army guy the other day and asked what they do, I told them that they fight bad people and sacrifice their life's for our country. He thought that was pretty cool (I thought) but obviously he did not understand, " So they shoot cops?" was his reply.

I am grateful for all those who have given their lives for our freedoms. Thank you for your courage and bravery...

15 comments:

Lauri said...

Candice you are so amazing. How do you do it? One day at a time I guess. I would really love for Grant and Hayes to be able to play together more often. If it is ok with you I think we will come up and see if Hayes can "play"
I am sure you have heard this a million times now but I would really love to help you out anytime in anyway I can. Please just let me know.
We love you and we miss Cory so much. Stay strong.

The Dumas Family said...

I'm glad you're letting your little man be your light. He will realize that one day and be so happy he can do that for his mommy. I wish I had some great words of comfort or wisdom to offer, but I don't...all I know is that you are great, your son is great and you have a wonderful, supportive family and with all of that combined you will be OK. It's OK to be sad. It's OK to cry and scream & yell. And it's OK to be happy. I hope you feel of our family's love and prayers.

Lauri said...

Candice how do I add a list of other people's blog addresses to my blog?

Laurie said...

Candace...I came across your blog and I am so glad that I did. You truly are an amazing girl! Honestly!

And Hayes...well he just absolutely cracks me up! Seriously, he is so funny!!

Please let me know if there is ANYTHING that I can do for you. I would love for Hayes to come and play. Carter would LOVE it!

Chanda said...

Welcome back girl. Love you!

Elle said...

Yeah! You posted! I loved it.
Hayes' imaginary friend rocks! I can't believe John didn't think of that too. Someone to blame the bad stuff on? Brillant.

me said...

LOL...I love Hayes comment about shooting cops. Hope you dont mind me commenting, but seriously what a FUNNY kid!!

little jill said...

Nice to see you back. I would have a hard time blogging too. I just barely saw your post on my photo blog. I had been slacking. I totally missed you. I was in Utah 15-20 of May. That stinks. We randomly make trips to Utah, so if we make another one, I'll be sure to catch you.

Carry on!

tatum said...

that is so funny about "shoot the cops", it made me laugh today, and the imaginary friend who peed on the lawn. i wanted to beat my boys yesterday too, especially at walmart.....nightmare.some days are just like that. love the pictures, we need to go to lunch.

Marci said...

Hayes is such a cutie! He will be so glad someday that you took time to write down the random, funny things he says and does at this age.

I think about you often - just want you to know.... And it is good to hear that you make time for the good stuff - like toliet papering. :)

Autumn & Chris said...

Glad to see you posted again. How cute is Hayes!!!! You know little kids have the funniest imagination's and they're not afraid to say what they really think. Too Cute. Hang in there.
Autumn

Kamille said...

Good on you girl. So glad your back. You're Hayes is a cutie. Definately a gift from God. You're doing amazing. I'm so proud of you. Fabulous pics. Not that I would expect anything less from you.

Randilee said...

You are an amazing photographer. Seriously! I am so impressed with candid shots that look like art! You rock!
Hayes is awesome. So BEAUTIFUL! I remember once you said that you and Cory think Hayes hangs the stars. He is definately a ray of sunshine that looks just like his dad!
I'm glad you're back!

kelly said...

your little guy is awesome. hold on tight to him, he will help you get through this.

Tamra said...

I can see why he is the light at the end of your tunnel. He is amazing and so so so cute! I love the "cuteism"little kids say-sweeping cheese though has to be one of my new favorites!